Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Interview With Chaldean Catholic Pastor

I recently had the privilege to interview, and worship with, Fr. Fawaz Kako. He's a priest of a Chaldean Catholic parish here in the Chicago suburbs. As a native of Iraq, he has experienced first hand how Christians have been treated in the Middle East. To learn more about our Chaldean Catholic brothers and sisters, how they worship, and what they have endured, check out my interview with him over at Catholic World Report. You can find a preview of the article below:
"To be honest with you, the problem is not only with ISIS. The problem is that there is a systematic persecution against Christians. Not only Christians, but anyone who is different, or if, to be honest with you, if you are not Muslim. You are always looked at as a second-class citizen.  So the problem is not only with ISIS. For example, my name, Fawaz, is not a Christian name. It is an Arabic name. According to the law in Iraq, my parents were not allowed to give me a Christian name. I was given one at baptism, but my legal name has always been Fawaz. To give someone a Christian name was illegal."
The full interview can be found here.
St. Joseph Chaldean Catholic Church in Troy, MI

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nicholas
    I would like to extend an invitation for you to expand your readership and help us expand our tool for evangelization by submitting some of your articles to Catholic365.com.
    You retain all of the rights to all of your works.
    If you would like to do so, please submit a short bio and a photo to editor@catholic365.com. I will create an Author Profile and send a reply with information on how to submit articles.
    Blessings to you!
    Deborah Burton

    ReplyDelete